The S30 System is a leak noise amplification system that can be used to listen at various contact points (valves, hydrants, etc.) to determine whether a pipe is leaking. The S30 sensor is placed at a contact point in the distribution system, and when the S30 is turned on, the console amplifies the sound so that that user can hear the noise through aviator quality headphones. The analog meter on the console gives the indication of the noise intensity in the pipe and by listening at several points in the tested area, an operator can indentify the general location of the leak.
The S30 System can also be used as a ground microphone. By attaching the surface ground plate to the sensor, the user can place the sensor above the pipe. The S30 can then locate the spot where the noise is the loudest and can pinpoint the location of the leak.
Key Features and Benefits
- Adjustable Analog Meter: Allows for easy comparisons of noise level at neighboring access points, sensitivity can be adjusted for improved results in areas with high noise levels
- Manual Volume Control: Provides full control over volume levels to enhance listening
- Excellent Acoustic Performance: Microphone allows for superior sound quality due to the windproof housing
- Meter Backlight: Allows for enhanced viewing at night
- Aviator Quality Headphones: Provide for optimum sound quality, ensuring the maximum number of leaks are heard
- Lightweight Console: Comfortable to use for several hours at a time
- Push Button On/Off: Allows for easy operation with gloves on
- Custom Suitcase with Belt: Protects equipment for easy carrying
- Backed by FCS: Full one year warrenty on parts and labor