The Lmic is an easy-to-use, low cost, electronic listening stick and ground microphone combined. It is ideal for general leak sounding operations and can be fitted with either a tripod foot (for use as a ground microphone) or probe rods (for sounding at fittings or in soft ground).
The control unit is hand-held with a ‘trigger’ operation and a volume/sensitivity rotary control. An LED indicates operation and battery status. This lightweight unit can be used to confirm the position of underground leaks audibly from ground level, sound pipe fittings penetrate soft ground to listen for leaks and carry out traditional acoustic surveys.
The Lmic “i” gives additional electrical insulation by inserting an acetol disc between the shaft and the hand-piece, and adding insulation to the shaft for extra protection.
The Lmic is supplied with a hand held control unit, microphone unit with cable, tripod unit, 2 probe rods, AC adapter, headphones, carry bag and instruction manual. The Lmic “i” is supplied with all of the above, plus an acetol isolation block and insulation for the 2 probe rods.
- Lightweight hand-held unit for long term ease of use
- Low cost
- Excellent acoustic performance
- Simple “trigger” operation
- Versatile – ground microphone and hand probe configurations
- Military specification connectors
- Rechargeable battery pack with long operation between charges
- Additional protection from electric shock (Lmic “i” only)