Multilog 2 is the highly advanced and versatile multi-channel data logger designed to monitor any combination of digital and analog signals.
Ideal for a wide variety of specialised applications, including monitoring PRV flow and/or pressure in a district or zone to assess demand, non-revenue water loss and pressure conformance – Multilog 2 utilizes the latest 4G LTE-M / NB-IoT cellular modems for fast, efficient and reliable communication.
Multilog 2 is an effective data logging solution and is now available with support for WITS 1.3, delivering direct integration with WITS SCADA systems.
After installation, all firmware upgrades and programming changes are made remotely. As well as ensuring that changes are made efficiently, this is also cost-effective, as it removes the need for site visits.
Multilog 2 transmits data through an integral 4G LTE-M (Cat-M1) / NB-IoT cellular modem.
An innovative feature of Multilog 2 is a secondary channel, enabling additional fast logging down to 25Hz.
Secondary logging can be triggered on time schedule and/or in response to an alarm condition being triggered. This is invaluable when more detailed investigation is required, such as transient pressure spikes and ‘true’ minimum night flow.
Key Features and Benefits
- Wireless: 4G LTE-M (Cat-M1) / NB-IoT based cellular communication standard
- Serial input option: for connection to digital (encoder output) smart meters, SonicSens level sensors, Modbus, SDI12, RS232
- WITS 1.3 Protocol: support for WITS 1.3 delivering direct integration with WITS SCADA systems
- 4 channel logging: 8 or 16 channels available on request
- Fast logging: primary logging to 1 second as standard – 25hz for transient events
- Alarm: full alarm functionality
- Robust: rugged die cast aluminium case
- True readings: true max and min flow and investigation of pressure spikes
- Pulse interval timing: smooths reading set times of infrequent pulses
- External antennas: multiple external antenna options to support improved signal strength (contact FCS for more information)
- Fully waterproof: the IP68 rating has been tested at 10m depth over a 24 hour period
- Local data download: 10 pin military plug connected to laptop or desktop PC
- Optional outputs: replicate inputs or trigger on alarm, allows operation of third party sensors, e.g. water samplers
- Long-term monitoring: 3-5 year battery life (depending on configuration and signal strength)